This is my second month for Foodie Penpals. My foodie penpal is from Texas Cara of WhatsNextGirls.blogspot I love all the goodies she send. It was a nice touch sending me some of her recipes. I got all my ingredients and for sure I will be making the recipes Cara suggested.
Just to sum up how Foodie Penpals works, at every 5th of the month you are paired with someone. And you get to send a box full of goodies worth $15 and the package should be send on or before the 15th of the month. For more detailed information please click on the link below:
- Sweetened Papaya Spears-This will be my first time trying it dried papayas. I love the fruit and papaya’s are very common back in the Philippines.
- Ragin’ Cajun Spicy Sweet Jalapeño Relish– Love, love, love! As you all know most of my post are always with a hint of spiciness. I added it with grilled salmon, it was perfect.
- Burleson’s Honey– 100% made in Texas, good for dressings and for desserts
- Sazon Spice plus La Costeña Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce– I used the Chipotle Peppers with my mom’s Chicken Enchilada. Next will be the Cara’s Shredded Tacos.
Fire Roasted Smoked Chilli– It’s never enough chilli’s in my house
Sweet Smoked Paprika-I used it already with my Pan-fried Tilapia dusted with sweet smoked paprika
Paella Rice Mix– I made Vegetarian Quinoa Paella with Jamaican Barbecued Country-Style Pork Ribs
- Austi Nuts Sweet Wasabi Mix– Wasabi and nuts are totally good for snacking.
- True Bar– I always have a granola/protein bar in my bag, very handy when you are working or on the go.
- Homemade Brown Butter Chocolate Malt Cookies-It was the first thing I ate when I opened my box. I just got the Malt Milk Powder and I will be making this pretty soon.
Overall everything was a hit…I’m a happy camper. Thanks to Cara!