It’ the time of the month now…the reveal day. I have been very luck lately. It’s another Texan Foodie for the second time around. She is from South Central Texas. Courtney of Our Ongoing Adventures. She send a box of spicy goodness. For a person who doesn’t love spicy food she did a good.
For those of you who are not familiar of Foodie Penpals. Its the brilliant idea of Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean. Every 5th of the month you get paired with another foodie lover. You get to send worth $15 worth of food. You have to send it on or before the 15th of the month. By the end of the month you got the opportunity to share what you got. For more details click on the link below. Come and join you won’t regret it.
So here is my box of spicy goodness:
- Cholula Hot Sauce– The first time I tried Cholula was given to me by my brother from CA. We lived in Canada before I had to smuggle a bottle because they didn’t sell it that time. We love hot sauce, we will take any hot sauce any shape or form.
- Herdez Salsa Verde– I always see this in the store but I have never tried so this is my chance, I got my own bottle.
- De Cecco Orecchiette Pasta– It has a fun shape I goggled it what it means, it comes from the word orecchio in Italian means ear. For it looks like a small hat and my kids loved it.
- Taste of San Antonio Coffee– I always need a shot of cup of joe. I’m glad she choose medium roast, I feel like I get the caffeine I needed and still get the full flavor of it.
- Rossi Pasta The Devil’s Angel Hair Fire!– Delizioso! We had this with Seared Scallops with Creamy Noodles and Peas. The sweetness from the scallops compliments the fiery goodness of the pasta.
- Pinto Beans- It is very high and protein and lowers your risk of heart attack. I’m looking forward to cook the recipe she send with it Borracho Beans from Homesick Texan.
- Sweet Cajun Heat Mix- It’s very good with snacking especially with a bottle of cold beer.
- Spices- More Spices for me 🙂
- San Antonio Chili Powder Fiesta Blend
- Dried Ancho Chilli Powder
- Chipotle Chilli Powder
- Bolner’s Chili Pequino– It hot, hotter than jalapeños. It reminds me of the hot chillies back in the Philippines. It is so small but gives a big punch.
- Fresh picked from the garden of Courtney Green Bell Peppers, Jalapeños and Hot Banana Peppers- This was nice surprise and I’m happy it survived from the shipment. The moment I got the box I made a salad with it and used it for our main dish Seared Swordfish Chunks with Jalapeño and Hot Banana Peppers Ponzu.
Thanks to Courtney again for sending me a wonderful, wonderful box of goodies. I really appreciate it for taking the time. Join the Foodie Penpals if you’re into the idea. Who wouldn’t enJOY receiving a box of goodies every month.